Scott focuses his practice in the area of commercial transactions, real estate, estates & trusts, estate planning, estate administration, estate litigation, Federal and State income, estate and inheritance taxes, employment law, and casino law.
Scott’s experience includes:
- Representing a national affordable housing developer through all phases of its HOPE VI/mixed finance low-income housing tax credit transactions, including complex new construction and rehabilitation projects involving bank financing, tax exempt bonds, State and Federal low-income tax credits, and other governmental grant funding.
- Representing and advising clients in all types of business and financial transactions, including the development, sale and purchase of commercial entities, the selection of the most appropriate type of business entity and the preparation of all necessary transactional documentation
- Preparation of simple and complex wills, trusts and other estate planning documentation, including transfers of ownership to succeeding generations and other estate planning techniques, and the preparation of all necessary documentation
- Representing and advising fiduciaries in the administration of estates and trusts, including handling the litigation of disputes involving fiduciaries and beneficiaries of estates and trusts
- Representing and advising clients in all types of real estate transactions, including the development, sale and purchase of real property, tax planning, and the preparation of all necessary transactional documentation
Scott has been an attorney with Levine Staller since 1994, and was named a partner in 1999. He is a member of the New Jersey, Pennsylvania and American Bar Associations. Scott is also an adjunct Professor of Law at Widener University School of Law teaching Federal Estate and Gift Tax and Estate Planning. Scott is a frequent guest lecturer for continuing education classes for accountants and other professionals in the areas of tax, estate planning, and pension and retirement account planning.
New Jersey 1993
US District Court for the District of New Jersey 1993
US Tax Court 1995
US District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania 1996
University of Delaware (B.S.BA., magna cum laude 1990)
Widener University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude 1993)
Georgetown University School of Law (LL.M. in Taxation, 1994)