Counselors for Employers
New Jersey has some of the broadest and most employee friendly laws in the country. Employment law is constantly evolving, and lawsuits brought by former employees can result in huge damage awards against employers, and mandatory attorney fee shifting. It is for this reason that employers must take careful steps to ensure that the decisions they make are legal and supported by proper documentation.
Levine Staller’s attorneys assist employers in developing and maintaining policies that help to safeguard their business. We provide counseling and training to minimize risk when disciplining or terminating a problem employee.
While our goal is always to avoid litigation, when necessary our attorneys have the experience and expertise to vigorously advocate and defend our clients’ interests.
Our attorneys have worked with businesses of all sizes in a variety of industries. We serve as outside general counsel for clients who do not have in-house counsel. We also provide assistance and advice to human resource professionals and office managers. Our services encompass counsel and assistance with:
Providing Business Safeguards
Employment law is constantly evolving to accommodate new situations. For example, New Jersey recently passed a rigorous new equal pay law. Our employment attorneys will ensure that your business is protected and well-informed about new employment policies and changes to current ones. If an employment matter arises in which a difficult employee must be reprimanded or terminated for a violation of company policy, our guidance can help your company avoid or reduce the risk of litigation.
Though our attorneys have the experience and knowledge to defend clients in litigation, it is not the first approach we use in resolving employment matters. Our first order of business is to prevent these issues from occurring.
We offer a number of services, including:
- Developing Handbooks
- Developing anti-discrimination, anti-retaliation, and sexual harassment policies.
- Leave requests and accommodations, including the Family and Medical Leave Act, New Jersey Family Leave Act, and the New Jersey Law Against Discrimination
- Conducting or assisting with internal investigations
- Counseling with respect to termination / discipline decisions
- Training for employers, supervisors, and managers regarding complying with federal and state employment law requirements
- Wage and hour issues including overtime and worker classifications
Providing Legal Protection Measures
As a business owner or employer, well-crafted contracts can help prevent a difficult employment matter from damaging your company.
Our attorneys will work with you to navigate, develop, administer and maintain employment contracts and covenants, including:
- Employment agreements
- Employment & Executive agreements
- Non-compete/non disclosure (NDA) agreements & Restrictive covenants
- Severance agreements & releases
Defense for Business Clients
When the worst-case scenario occurs and a lawsuit is filed against your company, we will vigorous defend your interests. Our goal is to achieve the best result in the most efficient and cost effective manner as possible. Our lawyers have extensive experience defending against claims of:
- Breach of contract and enforcement of non-compete & non-solicitation agreements
- Tortuous interference
- Discrimination, including Title VII and the New Jersey Law Against Discrimination Claims
- Hostile work environment
- Failure to provide reasonable accommodations or engage in the interactive process
- Sexual harassment
- Retaliation and whistleblower actions including violations of the Contentious Employee Protection Act
Atlantic County Employment Law Attorneys at Levine Staller Defend and Protect Your Business Interests
Our employment law attorneys strive to provide preventative safeguards and solutions before employment issues arise, and defend your interests when faced with litigation. We work with a variety of different businesses in diverse industries in handling employment matters that require discretion and skill. For more information about our legal team, call the Atlantic County employment law attorneys at Levine, Staller, Sklar, Chan & Brown, P.A. at 609-348-1300, or contact us online. Our office is conveniently located in Atlantic City, and we serve clients throughout New Jersey, including those in Atlantic County, Cape May County, and Ocean County.