Arthur M. Brown
Art’s experience includes:
- Representing owners of closely held businesses in all types of commercial transactions, including negotiating and structuring asset and stock sales and purchases, shareholder, partnership and limited liability company buy/sell agreements, and commercial financing.
- Representing investors and developers, buyers and sellers, landlords and tenants in all types of commercial real estate matters.
- Representing a national residential housing developer in all areas of real estate development and finance totaling nearly $1 billion since 2000.
- Representing a national affordable housing developer through all phases of its HOPE VI/mixed finance low-income housing tax credit transactions, including complex new construction and rehabilitation projects involving bank financing, tax exempt bonds, State and Federal low-income tax credits, and other government grant funding.
- Representing individuals and closely-held businesses in complex federal and state tax and estate planning matters.
- Preparation of simple and complex wills, trusts and other estate planning documentation, including transfers of ownership to succeeding generations and other estate planning techniques, and the preparation of all necessary documentation.
- Representing and advising fiduciaries in the administration of estates and trusts, including handling the litigation of disputes involving fiduciaries and beneficiaries of estates and trusts.
Art has been an attorney with Levine Staller since 1992 and was named a partner in 1996. He is a member of the New Jersey Bar, the Pennsylvania Bar and is a Certified Public Accountant.
New Jersey and Pennsylvania Bars 1991
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey 1991
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit 1991
U.S. Tax Court 1994
Certified Public Accountant, Pennsylvania 1991
Drexel University (B.S. Accounting, 1988)
Temple University (J.D. 1991)
New York University (LL.M., Taxation, 1992)
Art serves as a board member and Co-Chairman of the Special Events Committee for the Milton and Betty Katz Jewish Community Center of Atlantic County. Art is an avid golfer.