Alan C. Staller
Alan focuses his practice in the area of estates, trusts, estate planning and administration, and Federal and State income, estate and inheritance taxes. He also has substantial experience in real estate and commercial transactions, condominium law and corporate matters.
Alan’s experience includes:
- Advising clients in all types of business and financial transactions, including the selection of the most appropriate type of business entity and preparation of all necessary documentation.
- Advising clients of the proper structuring in transactions in order to minimize income and estate taxes, including tax-free exchanges, family planning, deferred sales and other commercial and tax matters.
- Negotiating, structuring and documenting asset purchases and sales, stock and other entity purchases and sales, mergers and other acquisitions.
- Handling complex commercial loan matters.
- Preparing simple and complex wills, trusts and other estate planning documentation, including advice in connection with closely-held and family-owned businesses, transfers of ownership to succeeding generations and other estate planning.
- Represented a small business in its acquisition by a public utility, then later the reacquisition and resale of the same business to a private entity.
- Appointed as Attorney-Trustee by the Assignment Judges of Atlantic and Ocean Counties, New Jeresy for two law practices of attorneys who were charged with unlawfully taking substantial monies from elderly clients.
- Represents the local Jewish Community Center and serving as Chairman of its capital building campaign. In 2009, he was given the center’s prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award.
Alan has been an attorney with Levine Staller and its predecessor law firm since 1973 and has been a partner since 1977. He is a member of the Atlantic County, New Jersey State and American Bar Associations.
New Jersey 1969
US District Court for the District of New Jersey 1969
US Tax Court 1977
University of Pennsylvania (B.A. 1966)
Dickinson (now Penn State) School of Law (J.D., 1969)
New York University School of Law (LL.M., Taxation, 1971)
Alan was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on August 28, 1944. He is married to the former Billie Helen Hewitt, has one adult child, one grandchild, and resides in Margate, New Jersey.